Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Devil's Food

It is not a sin to bake a cake on a Saturday afternoon. I wanted to rest on Sunday. Ok, I really wanted something yummy chocolate. It is, however, a sin to bake a Devil's Food Cake. Especially if you are trying to loose pounds. We lapped up the batter like it was melted burnt almond fudge ice cream! This is my first attempt at Devil's Food. Key ingredient that makes it different than your average chocolate cake? (Not that chocolate cake is average) Almond Extract Give it a try. Just add a teaspoon of almond flavoring to your favorite chocolate cake recipe and go ahead and dance with the devil. Oh, I almost forgot! Add it to your frosting as well. Mine was the naughty butter cream! Shhhh. Don't tell anyone.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill! We STILL miss you guys! That cake looks so delicious. I'm going to try that. I wish you were nearby and I could just have a piece of yours.