Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The Best of Both Worlds


My baby is approaching his 10th birthday. This fact just might take me over the edge if I think about it for too long. I won't think about it. I'll just walk across my street and down a narrow dirt road to Ellie's house and love on her when I feel the need to nuzzle up to soft warm baby cheeks. Ellie lives with my brother, sister in law, and their other 5 children. They have another baby younger than Ellie. Don't get me started on her. She's for another day.

My dogs love to walk across the street too. Whenever they hear the happy voices in the distance they run over and play with the kids. Ellie and Gus Gus, my friendly golden retriever, have formed a special bond over the summer. Ellie finally came to her own 2 year old conclusions that there is no need to be afraid of the big walking carpet.

conclusion #1 he doesn't lick my face clean

conclusion#2 I am now as tall as Gus so we have eye contact

conclusion#3 he doesn't bark at me

conclusion#4 he has really soft warm cheeks

So when Ellie and I
need our fix,
Gus Gus and I come running!

4 comments:

LaRae said...

What a great picture of miss Ellie & Gus Gus! There is nothing like 2-year-old baby cheeks!

Linda said...

I love the new look of your blog, Jill. I'm looking forward to seeing inside your head more, too!

Jill Iroz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jill Iroz said...

mom, you stole my picture of gus and ellie...but thats ok. -josie