Friday, November 7, 2008

Stop this train


Today I am 39. Yesterday I was 29, preparing to give birth to my last baby. Two days ago I was 19 and engaged to be married to the man of my dreams. The day before that I was 9, in the fourth grade adjusting to my new school and new home. And the day before that, I was born on my mother's 27th birthday. Tomorrow I will be 49. Won't someone stop this train?


Next month my dad will be 69. My grandmother will be 99.

I love John Mayer. His song sums up exactly how i feel these days. Time is traveling too fast for me. I'm a passenger sitting in a window seat watching life pass before my eyes in a fast motion. Life......please slow down. I love watching my kids learn and grow and experience new things. But at the same time i want to push the pause button, pull the brake, lock the door, stop feeding my children milk! I know that one day my children will be grown and out of the house. I remember my fasination with my first newborn baby in my arms. I wanted him to stay a baby. I called my mom and asked her if she misses her babies. She told me that she still has them, but in a different form. She said that the joy never ends as they grow and become adults, having babies of their own. I said "ok" and hung up the phone and had a good postpardom cry. Don't stop this train. Don't for a minute change the place your in. she seemed to say.


i love President Monson's talk on Finding Joy in the Journey. I really needed to hear his words and sweet reminders.


"There is no tomorrow to remember if we don't do something today."

The most important part of my day are the people in that day. My husband and children, family and friends.

"My sincere prayer is that we my adapt to the changes in our lives, that we may realize what is most important, that we may express gratitude always and thus find joy in the journey."

So what. I'm almost 40. I have so much to be grateful for. Everyday blessings fill my life. I have joy and love. Now i see i'm never going to stop this train.

Happy Birthday MOM!! don't get any older....i don't want to celebrate without you.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday. What a lovely and true post. I know how you feel. Have a good day.

JK said...

Dear Jill,
What incredibly beautiful,and brilliant thoughts! For my baby Jill, born on my 27th birthday... you are an amazing gift. Our beautiful daughter. We love you. Mom & Dad

LaRae said...

Happy birthday, Jill! I hope you had a great day! Such a lovely post, which pretty much sums up how I feel almost every day. Just the other day I was thinking about how much I miss my babies, and then I thought that I was crazy, since I'm still changing diapers. Still - I wish I could push that pause button for a while.

Grandma and Grandpa Clark said...

Yes Jill, this is a beautiful post and I see you developing your blogging skills to match your scrapbooking talent. Very lovely. I love you Jill as my very own daughter, (well you are really) I am so thankful for you and to know you are part of our eternal family. Happy, happy belated birthday. I just, a few minutes ago, got a greeting off to you. Sorry to be so lax. Thirty nine is still so young and so much ahead. Remember Bro. Perry's talk when he told us The Best Is Yet to Come? We have so much to look forward to with a "perfect brightness of hope" I love you , Jill. Mom Clark

Dan Iroz said...

Great post, Jill. Great blog. Great music. Thank you.

If you and David can catch Michael in his High School play, I really think it would be worth your effort. I'd love to see him again, and would love to go with you guys. Let me know. It plays through Saturday. Check Mom's blog for the details. Love you guys. Tell David, I especially miss him... have called a few times but never leave messages... anymore. :( I know how busy he is... just want him to know how much I love him... how proud of the good husband and Father and man that he is... just miss him.

Linda said...

Love your post, Jill. And loved seeing you this past weekend. And love you too!

Michele and Todd said...

Jill this was a beautiful post. So thought provoking. I sure think you are a great person and really enjoy being 39 and all the rest of the years to come. (I loved my last year in my thirties very much) I try to enjoy every year, sometimes the trials come of course, but I try to really enjoy life, and it sounds like you do too!

The Bechtol Family said...

hope you had a great birthday!!